Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Holidays!

It looks like I need to add our holiday pictures!  Lets start with Halloween!  Kaleb was a phantom, Cameron was Repunzel, and Sam was a lion!  They were the cutest little things ever!  We went to the best part of town (the big houses) and got loads of candy!  One funny event, Cameron comes running at me from a door screaming "look mommy, I got a potatoe!"  Apparently a couple was allowing kids to pick between candy or a potatoe and my sweet little Irish lass picked the potatoe!  Thats my girl!

Second, Thanksgiving.  A week before Thanksgiving I got a call from Joe's brother, Will, stating that he was landing in Spokane in a few hours for a surprise visit!  We jumped in the car and headed up there to pick him up (Me, Katie, and the kids - Joe was at work).  We got him back to the house and totally surprised Joe when he got home from work!  Will has been with us a for few weeks now and we had the pleasure of having Thanksgiving with him (and we will have Christmas with him too)!  It makes up for lost time, we hadn't seen him in over 2 years! 
For Thanksgiving, I did my very first Thanksgiving at my house!  I prepared a ham, potatoe casserole, deviled eggs, asparagus, snickers fruit salad, biscuits and more!  We also had an AWESOME snack spread with chips, dip, crackers, cheese, salami, pepperoni, and more!  Mmmm!  It was just me, Joe, the kids, and Will but we had a great time!  Afterwards we all crashed in the living room, full and satisfied, and watched movies!  A great day!
Lastly, it is not Christmas yet so I will post after that - but we did decorate our Christmas tree!  The weekend after Thankgsiving we went to our usual spot and chose a Christmas tree.  We let it sit outside overnight to open up and then anxiously waited to decorate it the next night.  The kids were so excited to begin decorating!  They each carefully hung all of our ornaments on the tree.  Kaleb got to top the tree last year so Cameron got to this year, she was very excited!  I love my family and am so thankful for them and each day I have with them.  What a great place to be in life!

Ok - just a few extras:

 Kaleb had a national level tournament in Spokane, WA.  He kicked butt and took names!  Both him and his best friend Wyatt took first place in their weight groups!  I was so proud of Kaleb, he walked in there with such determination and drive!  He saw the trophys and medals and told me that he WAS going to get one this time!  What a great kid!
 
And we got a new puppy!  Her name is Olive, we call her "Ollie."